This document is to outline the requirements defined by the Electronic Logging Device Mandate and provide a listing of available Digital Fleet documentation related to the ELD feature.
Mandatory Documents Required to be in the ELD Vehicle
- ELD User’s Manual
- Instruction sheet for transferring HOS records to safety officials.
- Instruction sheet on reporting ELD malfunctions and recordkeeping procedures during ELD malfunctions.
- A supply of paper tracking forms (grid graphs) for at least 8 days, in case of ELD malfunction.
FMCSA Recommended Training for the Drivers
- As recommended in the ELD Checklist for Drivers, the driver should understand how to do the following. Instructions are available in the ELD User’s Manual along with the instruction sheets for transferring of HOS records and ELD malfunctions.
- Log in
- Respond to unassigned driving hours the ELD records
- Record duty status changes
- Edit records
- Add notes to records to explain any edits or additions
- Certify records – to indicate that they are complete and accurate
- Access RODS data from the ELD
- Review and understand the ELD printout/display information
- Transfer ELD data by email or Blue Tooth to inspectors or law enforcement
- Identify and correct or report data diagnostic issues
- Report ELD malfunctions
Digital Fleet Manuals and Instruction Sheets
- ELD Web Application - Client Administrator User Manual
- In the Digital Fleet platform the ELD support personnel will use the Client Administrator permission.
- Motor Carrier ELD Malfunction Response Manual
- ELD Feature Driver User Manual
- ELD Data Diagnostic Instruction for Drivers
- ELD Malfunction Instruction for Drivers
- ELD Data Transfer Instruction for Drivers
Digital Fleet Certified Software and Hardware Requirements
- Software versions
- 5.3.0 and newer
- Hardware Requirements
- GenX Modem with vehicle ECM connection
- Data enabled tablet