The Digital Fleet Web App has received an update to the Driver Scheduling feature. This update will bring major improvements to the reliability of the sms delivery of the driver schedule through integration with a dedicated sms delivery service called Twilio. This service provides us with successful delivery times or notification when a delivery fails. To surface this information, a column labeled “SMS Delivered Time” was added that will include the timestamp when the sms message was successfully delivered. If there is no timestamp for a user in this column, and the communication preference was set as “Text”, the sms message has not been delivered. If the communication preference is set as “Email”, this column will always be blank for the user.
- Renamed button on Map to “Driver Scheduling”.
- Updated Reset Time/Reset All functionality to only apply to the plants the user has selected in the page Settings.
- Removed the Reset Time/Reset All buttons for the current day as this functionality only applies to entries for future days.
- Added error message when assigning Start Time or On Call to a user that does not have the Communication Preference properly entered in user settings.
- Updated auto-save logic.
- Verified message will be sent when Availability is set to On Call.
- Added informational note at the top of the page “NOTE: Schedules can be published in advance, but drivers will not be notified until 3 days prior to the scheduled date.”
- Removed “Publish Time” column to make room for new “SMS Delivered Time” column.
Twilio messages will all be sent to drivers using the following number: 312-626-8094.