We are very excited to launch a new major release of the Driver / Tablet Application. Version 6 is the sixth major release of the Digi.Track application and is available for you today.
- Ability to select navigation option as Google Maps or Navmii
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
- When Google Maps is chosen for navigation, to help drivers, we have added the ability for them to be informed of incoming messages (normal and priority) and a clear path back to the Digital Fleet application.
- Navmii Map Updates
- Live Traffic has been added and can be enabled through an app setting. Since this is a new addition the setting is disabled by default. It can be enabled manually on a truck by truck basis or a setting can be added to the server to enable it on all trucks.
- The Navmii maps have also added a setting for the audible speed alert. By default this setting is disabled. It can be enabled manually on a truck by truck basis or a setting can be added to the server to enable it on all trucks.
- New maps are available. Please contact Digital Fleet support for more details.
- App Update Improvements
- We’ve been reviewing options for updating the driver app to see what areas can be improved. This has lead to several changes to help improve the handling of downloading and installing new app versions. The primary changes in version six are the frequency the app checks for new updates and limiting all installs to occur when the application is in a logged out state. The app has also been updated to download the new app version once and notify the user on log out when the new version is available to install. With this notification the driver has the option to postpone the update and, if postponed, will be notified on the next logout.
- Ability to disable the application as a launcher (the launcher is the app responsible for the home screen)
- Tablet Connectivity Notification. To improve awareness, we now notify the users of data enabled tablets, when there is no network connectivity. Adding this message will help you immensely when setting up new tablets or troubleshooting issues. Often times we have found that issues reported as timeouts are actually due to a lack of network connectivity - our app just wasn’t telling you there was no connectivity - now it does.
- Capturing GPS accuracy from tablets. Android gives us the ability to better understand the accuracy of a GPS ping that we are receiving from a tablet. With version six, we have started collecting this information and will enhance the statusing logic over time to better understand what GPS pings we should ignore (ie jumps).
- Troubleshooting Tools. In addition to the features and enhancements listed above, we have also made multiple changes to the way the application informs us how it is functioning and when it encounters an issue. With older versions of the application, the operations and development teams could not see many details to troubleshoot issues. That has been significantly enhanced with this new version.
See the attached release announcements with screen shots, descriptions and more.