We are excited to announce the release of version 6.2 of the Driver / Tablet Application. Below are highlights of the functionality updates. For the full release notes and an archive of changes, visit our Zendesk Guides driver app release notes.
- Google Maps Page
- Moved hidden menu to a scrollable sidebar for easier interaction.
- Google Maps Overlay
- Added notification when a job site location is moved to notify the driver of the new destination.
- Upon driver accepting the new destination, Google Maps will be updated with the new destination.
- Navmii Map Updates
- Added Route Only mode to allow the driver to select between turn by turn directions or to only display the route. The selection will be persisted so it won’t require selecting for each route.
- Added Live Traffic setting to map.
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
- Added option for Pre-Trip inspection report to be shown during login. This option is disabled by default so reach out to us at email@example.com to enable it for your fleet.
- Added ability for driver to change Trailer Name associated with the truck on the ELD page.
- Added ability for driver to input Shipping Document Number on the ELD page without needing to create a new ELD record.
- Added Unidentified Driver Records notification to the ELD page.
- Auto-populates Duty Status, Shipping Doc Number, Truck Name, and Trailer Name when manually creating an ELD record.
- App Update Improvements
- Added a manual update button to the DigiTrack settings. When pressed the app with check if a new version of the app has been set for the tablet and begin the download/install process as needed.
- Bug Fixes
- There have been multiple bug fixes made to this version of the application.
Important Note Regarding Wifi Only Tablets
- As outlined back in June (see the Data Enabled Tablets & 3G Network Sunset Dates announcement), we are moving to a configuration that requires a data enabled tablet.
- Release v6.2 will be the last major release that will support the wifi only tablet/modem configuration. Major bugs will still be addressed and we will continue to support this version while existing customers migrate to data enabled tablets.
- We have already started working on v7.0 that will take full advantage of the data enabled tablet, vastly improving the speed and reliability of our application. We are very excited about the future of the application and are looking forward to shipping it as soon as possible.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to update or have questions on the functionality.