March 15, 2019
We are very excited to launch a new major release of the Driver / Tablet Application. Version 7 is the seventh major release of the Digi.Track application and is available for you today.
- A major focus in v7 was updating how data is transferred between the server and the driver application. The old architecture was setup to communicate through the GNX modems which restricted the amount of data we could send in a message. By going to data enabled tablets and modernizing the communication architecture, we’ve been able to greatly increase data transfer speeds.
Version 6 vs Version 7 side by side comparison
DVIR login flow (v7 reduced loading time by 20+ seconds)
ELD login flow (v7 reduced loading time by 30+ seconds)
- An added benefit to updating the communication architecture is the overall reliability of the data transmission has increased. This will help improve the consistency of logging in to the driver application along with the delivery of tickets and messages.
- Spanish Support
- To help customers with bilingual work forces we added the ability to use the driver application in Spanish. This can be setup at a tablet or application level dependent on your needs.
- Digi WVA setup
- With the addition of the new Digi WVA hardware we focused on making the overall setup of the device as painless as possible.
- Bug Fixes
- There have also been multiple bug fixes made to this version of the application.
To help with adoption of this new version of the application, we have an updated version of the Driver App Manual.
We are really excited about this release and are looking forward to your feedback. If you want to upgrade, please reach out to us today to discuss.