We are very excited to release our newest Driver Application version. Version 7.5 brings key improvements to DVIR and adds support for the Digital Fleet+ hardware.
- We’ve completely redesigned the UI and added the ability to add tests and measurements to the driver inspections. Click here to watch an overview video.
- We’ve also added a critical component and test workflow that limits the driver’s ability to sign a previous DVIR if the mechanic hasn’t signed off on the repair.
- Digital Fleet+
- As we continue to develop our sensor hardware, we’ve added remote programmer support to allow for updating of the hardware firmware, odometer source, and water flow meter filtering without touching the vehicle.
- Click here for more details on Digital Fleet+
- Offline Mode
- To help identify when the tablet does not have a data connection, we’ve added an explicit message for the driver to know when there is no coverage. The beginning and end of offline mode times can also be viewed on the webapp through the Offline Mode Events report.
- While in offline mode all gps events, manual status events, manual ELD duty status updates, and logout times are stored until the data connection is re-established.
- Driver Preferences
- We’ve added a configurable option to allow the drivers more control over how the application works. This includes the ability to disable automatic screen transitions or enable launching Google Maps turn by turn directions automatically on the To Job and To Yard status transitions.
- We’ve also added an option to allow brightness control within the DigiTrack application. Since this requires a new app permission it is disabled by default.
- An Android widget option has been added to allow for adding a resizable button to the tablet’s home screen.
- Bug Fixes
- There have been multiple bug fixes made to this version of the application.
We are excited about this release and are looking forward to your feedback. If you want to upgrade, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.