The Digital Fleet/Fleetio integration sends DF+ provided odometer, engine hours, gps location, DVIR issues, and diagnostic trouble codes to Fleetio. The odometer, engine hours, and gps are sent once per day to Fleetio. The DVIR issues and diagnostic trouble codes are sent as they are created and updated. DVIR issues are deleted in Fleetio when they are deleted in the Digital Fleet Platform.
Diagnostic trouble code updates will only be sent to Fleetio when data associated with that event (occurrence count) has been updated, or the trouble code has ended (no longer being reported by DF+). Due to the volume of trouble code updates we get from some customers, and Fleetio’s limit of 20 requests per minute, we cannot update Fleetio every time a trouble code is reported by DF+, so we only do so when data associated with the trouble code has changed.
A user named “Digital Fleet” must be created in the client’s Fleetio account before this integration can be used. Our integration uses this user account to create DVIR issues within Fleetio’s system. Without it, we will be unable to create DVIR issues in Fleetio for the client.
Truck naming options between Digital Fleet and Fleetio
Option 1: Have the Fleetio truck name exactly match the Digital Fleet truck name.
Option 2: Have the VIN in Fleetio and Digital Fleet exactly match.
Option 3: If the truck name cannot exactly match, then the Fleetio ID must be set on the truck in Digital Fleet.
Data Sent to Fleetio
Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Code: SPN-1234
- Count: The occurrence count
- Name: The name of the SPN
- Description: A description of the SPN
- Last Occurred At: The start time of the engine diagnostic event, as reported by the tablet/DF+
- Status: Either “resolved” or “open”
- External ID: The ID of the Engine Diagnostic Event in the Digital Fleet platform
- Reported at: The date the DVIR issue was reported
- Summary: A description of the vehicle component experiencing the issue
- Description: The driver remarks associated with the issue
- External ID: The ID of the DVIR issue in the Digital Fleet platform
- Engine Hours