Below you will find release notes for the tablet application installed on your android tablets. There are also Release Notes for the Platform and Web Application.
|Currently supporting Android version 4.1.x (Jelly Bean) and newer.|
version 6.2 released on September 21, 2018
- Support for new hardware - Digi Wireless Vehicle Bus Adapter (WVA)
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
- Added option to show a pre-trip DVIR page on login.
- Moved "Vehicle is in satisfactory condition" from the scrollable defect list to the Save/Submit button area for easier discoverability.
- Added ability on Post-Trip DVIR to cancel log out.
- Updated text on DVIR header and DVIR sign off button.
- Electronic Logging Device (ELD)
- Auto-populate Duty Status, Shipping Doc Number, Truck Name, and Trailer Name when manually creating an ELD record.
- Added ability for a driver to update Trailer Name. A new trailer cannot be created from the app and must be present within the webapp to properly update.
- Added ability for a driver to update Shipping Document Number without needing to manually create a new ELD record.
- Added notification for unidentified driver records to the ELD page.
- Auto close uncertified records screen when all records are certified.
- Google Maps Updates
- Improve clearing of route to prevent directions to previous locations.
- Moved hidden menu to a sidebar for easier interaction.
- Send new destination to Google Maps when job site is moved.
- Google Maps Overlay Updates
- Persist location of overlay when moved.
- Added message when job site location is updated from the webapp.
- Updated Okay button action to only send acknowledge message.
- Updated behavior of selecting the overlay to return to the DigiTrack Main page instead of the Map page.
- Navmii Maps Updates
- Added Route Only mode
- Selection of Route Only or Turn by Turn will be persisted.
- Update navigation behavior to improve clearing of routes to prevent directions to previous locations.
- Added Clear Route button for all turn by turn routes.
- Moved Live Traffic setting to map.
- Added ability to exit all sidebars.
- Added directions to Route Overview.
- Updated behavior of top right turn by turn button to display route directions.
- Added new map versions to Navmii map server to allow for download.
- Updated fuel depot retrieval behavior to improve loading of the fuel depot list.
- Updated handling of Android battery optimization to remove requirement to update tablet battery optimization setting.
- Added a manual update button to the DigiTrack settings.
- Added tablet phone number to the support email when phone number is available.
- Report back the version of Google Maps installed on the tablet.
- Reorganized DigiTrack settings.
- Bug fixes
- Updated Leftover feature to properly display Leftover page for server triggered Arrive Yard status.
- Display Job Site pin on Google Maps.
- Updated Navmii maps handling of custom route waypoints that prevented the new route from showing in certain scenarios.
- Update clearing of server side messageID to reduce DigiTrack erroneously identifying messages as duplicate.
- Important Note Regarding Wifi Only Tablets
- As outlined back in June (see the Data Enabled Tablets & 3G Network Sunset Dates announcement), we are moving to a configuration that requires a data enabled tablet.
- Release v6.2 will be the last major release that will support the wifi only tablet/modem configuration. Major bugs will still be addressed and we will continue to support this version while existing customers migrate to data enabled tablets.
- We have already started working on v7.0 that will take full advantage of the data enabled tablet, vastly improving the speed and reliability of our application. We are very excited about the future of the application and are looking forward to shipping it as soon as possible.
version 6.1.2 released on May 10, 2018
- Bug fix: Fixes Google Maps Overlay on Android 4, Android 5, and Android 6 devices.
version 6.1.1 released on May 8, 2018
- Bug fix: Fixes registration issue for trucks where expected version has no download url.
version 6.1 released on May 8, 2018
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
- When Google Maps is chosen for navigation, to help drivers, we have added the ability for them to be informed of incoming messages (normal and priority) and a clear path back to the Digital Fleet application.
- Navmii Map Updates
- Live Traffic has been added and can be enabled through an app setting. Since this is a new addition the setting is disabled by default. It can be enabled manually on a truck by truck basis or a setting can be added to the server to enable it on all trucks.
- The Navmii maps have also added a setting for the audible speed alert. By default this setting is disabled. It can be enabled manually on a truck by truck basis or a setting can be added to the server to enable it on all trucks.
- New maps are available. Please contact Digital Fleet support for more details.
- App Update Improvements
- We’ve been reviewing options for updating the driver app to see what areas can be improved. This has lead to several changes to help improve the handling of downloading and installing new app versions. The primary changes in version six are the frequency the app checks for new updates and limiting all installs to occur when the application is in a logged out state. The app has also been updated to download the new app version once and notify the user on log out when the new version is available to install. With this notification the driver has the option to postpone the update and, if postponed, will be notified on the next logout.
- Tablet Connectivity Notification.
- To improve awareness, we now notify the users of data enabled tablets, when there is no network connectivity. Adding this message will help you immensely when setting up new tablets or troubleshooting issues. Often times we have found that issues reported as timeouts are actually due to a lack of network connectivity - our app just wasn’t telling you there was no connectivity - now it does.
- Capturing GPS accuracy from tablets.
- Android gives us the ability to better understand the accuracy of a GPS ping that we are receiving from a tablet. With version six, we have started collecting this information and will enhance the statusing logic over time to better understand what GPS pings we should ignore (ie jumps).
- Troubleshooting Tools.
- In addition to the features and enhancements listed above, we have also made multiple changes to the way the application informs us how it is functioning and when it encounters an issue. With older versions of the application, the operations and development teams could not see many details to troubleshoot issues. That has been significantly enhanced with this new version.
- Multiple bug fixes.
version 6.0 released on March 31, 2018
- Ability to select navigation option as Google Maps or Navmii
- Ability to disable the application as a launcher (the launcher is the app responsible for the home screen)
- Bug fix: Updated GPS service logic
version 5.3.1 released on December 27, 2017
- Updated fuel depot selection on Fuel Entry screen to remain blank if the device is not within a defined fuel station geofence.
- Updated Support Email option canned messages.
version 5.3.0 released on December 10, 2017
- Added TTS setting for turn by turn navigation language.
- Routing improvements
- ELD Features
- Added Duty Status button to Main Screen.
- Added Duty Status selection screen to allow for manual Duty Status changes.
- Added access to Malfunction and Data Diagnostic screens within the Duty Status selection screen.
- Added ELD menu button to access the following:
- Duty Status Graph display
- Driver ELD Records
- ELD Records Header
- Uncertified Driver Records
- Data Transfer Screen
- Team Driving Screen
- Malfunctions Screen
- Data Diagnostic Screen
- Added Team Driving functionality
- Ability for co-driver to log in.
- Ability for co-driver to review co-driver ELD records.
- Ability for co-driver to review ELD records when vehicle is moving.
- Ability for driver and co-driver to swap driving responsibilities when vehicle is stopped.
- Ability for driver and co-driver to edit ELD record to correct improper driver identification.
- Prompt to ask driver if still driving after stopped for 5 minutes.
- Prompt at log in showing driver's allowed ELD exemption status, drive time usage categories, and unidentified driver records associated with the ELD.
- Prompt at log in to notify driver of records that are not certified.
- Prompt at log in to ask if still in Personal Use Duty Status.
- Prompt at log out to notify driver of records that are not certified.
- Prompt at log out to ask driver if going OFF DUTY.
- Prompt to ask driver to manually enter location when GPS is stale.
- Ability for driver to create ELD Records in the Uncertified Records screen or ELD Records screen.
- Ability for driver to edit ELD Records in the Uncertified Records screen or ELD Records screen.
- Ability to annotate/comment on an ELD Record from within the Uncertified Records screen or ELD Records screen.
- Ability of driver to view Unidentified Driver Records.
- Ability of driver to claim Unidentified Driver Records.
- Added Malfunction Icon when malfunction is present.
- Added Data Diagnostic identifier when data diagnostic is present.
- Added Data Transfer screen.
- Added notification error when a truck name is incorrectly entered when creating or editing an ELD record.
- Added Duty Status button on Map Screen.
version 5.2.30 released on August 16, 2017
- Updated ELD features:
- Added driver Current Duty Status button.
- Added ability to manually update the Current Duty Status.
version 5.2.28 released on August 5, 2017
- Updated default ELD setting to disabled.
- Updated ELD features.
- Added prompt if moving and not logged in.
- Added support for new Login Valid message format.
version 5.2.27 released on July 28, 2017
- Added additional information to the support email message.
version 5.2.26 released on July 26, 2017
- Added setting to enable/disable Electronic Logging Device (ELD) features.
- Added support for new Login Valid message format to support ELD.
- Fixed bug with Leftover feature crashing app.
- Added information about current route plan and saved directions to job/plant to the support email attachment.
- Added logging for troubleshooting.
- Updated Navmii SDK to latest version.
version 5.2.25 released on July 5, 2017
- Added speed limit on the map when available for current road.
- Aggregate setting updated to have the BOL button replace the Time button on the Main Screen. Selecting the BOL button will allow for review and selection of multiple tickets to update info.
- Updated default route restrictions setting to disabled.
version 5.2.24 released on June 16, 2017
- Updated to newest Navmii SDK - this should fix a bug associated with route not being drawn properly.
- Updated the app support email to use the SMTP feature.
- Added ability to request fuel entry on login.
version 5.2.23 released on June 1, 2017
- Added Automatic Map Management prompts (delete file, download file, update file, disable prompts) to provide more control over downloading and deleting of maps.
version 5.2.22 released on May 29, 2017
- Added configurable Support button to allow the client to set up a client email for easier reporting of app issues.
- Changed color of message icon on the map to blue.
version 5.2.21 released on May 15, 2017
- Added navigation option: Avoid Tolls.
- Keep "Map Only / Turn by Turn" button viewable at all times.
- Added displaying of a message icon on the map when there is an unread message and moving.
version 5.2.20 released on May 10, 2017
- Updated the "Automatically displays text message if enabled" setting to keep the message suppressed while vehicle is in motion unless it is sent as a priority message. Once the vehicle stops, the message will pop up and allow for driver interaction. If the driver does not interact with the message prior to the vehicle moving again, the message will be suppressed until the vehicle comes to another stop. (This version does not have a message icon to show the new message. That is planned for v5.2.21.)
- Added ability to manually select fuel station from the drop down menu when the fuel station is auto selected.
- Updated in motion behavior to hide the overflow menu on the map screen.
version 5.2.19 released on May 5, 2017
- Fixed Leftover pop up window occurring at every Arrive Yard status. Now it is only triggered at the Arrive Yard status when a Leftovers message is sent during the load.
- Fixed Water Added message (v5.2.18 wasn't properly displaying quantity entered).
version 5.2.18 released on April 18, 2017
- Corrected displaying of driver name when full first and last name are displayed.
- Aggregate setting: adds B.O.L. shortcut to Main Screen in place of Time, removes slump info, replaces load text with ticket number.
- Leftover setting: Added leftover pop up window to allow for entry of dumping or creating blocks for the leftovers.
- Water Added setting: Added water added pop up window at End Pour status (allows for selection of Not Finished Pouring, No Water Added, and Water Quantity added).
version 5.2.17 released on April 10, 2017
- Enable/Disable Commercial Routing (Setting is called Navigation -> Restrictions).
- Fixed formatting driver name in case of comma (Surname, Name -> N. Surname).
- Added settings for Aggregate, Leftovers, Water Added as placeholders for future options.
- Settings view change: preferences with multiple options had a second line added to show currently selected option.
version 5.2.16 released on April 3, 2017
- Android 7 compatibility fixes.
- Added Slump information to Main Screen.
- Replaced "On Duty" on Log Out button with "Driver Name".
version 5.2.15 released on March 17, 2017
- Added detailed Ticket window. This is accessible by selecting the ticket information on the Main Screen.
- Added BOL/QTY entry from detailed Ticket window.
- Fixed "silent" route calculation at End Pour status.
version 5.2.14 released on March 13, 2017
- During End Pour, selecting the Map button will calculate the routes to the plant so the driver can view and select desired route. If custom route is sent for job, waypoints are added to the route to force navigation through the points.
- Fix issue of not being able to manually select fuel station from drop down menu when Other fuel station is selected.
version 5.2.13 released on March 6, 2017
- Added "silent" calculation at End Pour status for route back to the plant.
- Added "Other" fuel field when not close to a designated fuel station.
version 5.2.12 released on February 27, 2017
- Added a button to the Map to toggle between Map Only and Turn by Turn when a route is calculated and the truck is moving.
- The sidebar will hide when in Map Only mode when truck is moving. The sidebar will hide on both the Main Ticket Screen and Map Screen. When turn by turn is being used the sidebar does not hide since it shows the next few turns.
- When opening route selection / overview - rotate map to north.
- Fixed an issue when after selecting item in search, balloon on map wasn't displayed until map was moved/rotated.
version 5.2.11 released on February 22, 2017
- Compass added in map mode if orientation is changed from North Up. Selecting the compass will return the orientation to North Up. This is for the overview map and does not appear during turn by turn navigation.
- App stays on Main Screen when moving when at Yard and at Plant based off of current status. The statuses are In Service, Ticketed, Begin Load, Arrive, Yard, Arrive Job, Begin Pour, and Arrive Pour. To get to the Map the driver will select the Address button. Once that is selected it will stay on the Map until the driver goes to a different screen. Upon triggering To Job or To Yard, the app automatically goes to the map.
version 5.2.10 released on February 15, 2017
- Clearing a manual route leads to switching to an automatic route mode.
- Сhanged behavior of switching to ticket/map screens depending on various conditions (status, speed, etc).
version 5.2.9 released on February 7, 2017
- Fixed an issue of infinite route calculation introduced in v5.2.8. This was uncommon but could occur if the destination was on a restricted road. V5.2.9 will route through all height/weight restrictions until unable to find a route that will work. At that point it will force it on the restricted road.
- Upon ticketing the distance to job and ETA fill in.
- Mapping of the state codes to match the old and new format.
- Extra Products pop up automatically upon ticketing. This can be disabled if desired.
version 5.2.8 released on January 26, 2017
- After ticketing, within plant geofence and before To Job status, selecting the Map button will calculate the routes so the driver can view and select desired route. If custom route is sent for job, waypoints are added to the route to force navigation through the points.
- More efficient route calculations with the shortest, fastest, and alternate route provided.
- Commercial routing is working with height and weight restrictions. The height is set by the truck class on the server and the weight is calculated based off the load size. If the destination is on a restricted road, the route will use the height and weight restrictions all the way to the restricted road and finish the route on the restricted road to the job. (v.5.2.8; v5.2.9 fixed an issue of infinite route calculation. This was uncommon but could occur if the destination was on a restricted road. V5.2.9 will route through all height/weight restrictions until unable to find a route that will work. At that point it will force it on the restricted road.)
version 5.2.7 released on January 20, 2017
- Added silent calculation when ticketed to show ETA and distance to job.
version 5.2.6 released on January 12, 2017
- Updated truck weight to use the `loadSize` ticket field for route weight restrictions.
Note: There are also Release Notes for the Platform and Web Application.